Sunday, April 7, 2013

Are We Sure God Loves Physicists?

There comes a time in everyone's life where you have to sit back and reflect on things. For me today that consisted of the stunning realization that I spent most of today trying to rationalize the surface integrals of square loop-magnetic field interactions so as to properly get magnetic flux and determine the magnitude of the resulting ring current. If that made no sense to you, imagine how I felt sitting around trying to figure it out in my head. Throw on some obnoxious second order differential equations to try and figure out the characteristics of series of capacitors and inductors, then applying that knowledge to capacitor-inductor-resistor circuits and it became very clear to me why it is I don't have the Nobel prize. Also why it is physicists always seem to have the crazy hair, i suspect some of their brains may have exploded.

Anyways, relevant SMBC:

God's sense of humor is a little different I guess. And a little dickish.  Guess where credit to for this. 
Somebody once said god was subtle, and while I guess I can agree with that to the furthest extent my agnosticism alows, that doesn't mean he isn't frustrating and difficult I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment